We Are Hiring
Medical Technologist 1 - General Lab - Full-Time,Night - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus - Warren, MI - Sign-on bonus - $7000
Med Tech, MT
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- Participates in orientation, education, and training of other laboratory and SJPHS personnel, residents, students, and consumers.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Assists with development and revisions of laboratory policies and procedures, data collection, or special projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- One of the following is required: certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of hire/transfer date as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) or certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC). Certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of transfer/hire as a Medical Technologist in a single lab discipline by the ASCP-BOC is acceptable for positions within that lab discipline. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16 semester hours of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours of chemistry (with one semester in organic or biochemistry), one semester of mathematics or post-secondary diploma (Canadian applicants) required Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science program, or three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience under the pathologist, in lieu of an accredited program, is required
- One year of clinical laboratory experienece as an ASCP certified scientist preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: ...@stjohn.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: hematopathology, laboratory, medical laboratory science, medical technologist, mls, scientist, surgical technologist, technician i, technician lab, testing