We Are Hiring
RN-Graduate - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus
36 hours weekly
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension?Michigan?is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus, you will have the opportunity to provide?direct nursing care within scope of practice and in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assists with implementation and monitoring of patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Collaborates with preceptor to coordinate all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Assists with documentation and implementation of physician and nursing orders.
- Assists with assessing and coordinating patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan within four (4) months of hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree?
- Graduate from an Associate's, Bachelor's or hospital based nursing program by date of hire required
- One year of healthcare experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan?is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ?EEO is the Law? poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan?provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: ...@stjohn.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan?participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.? Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)?
Associated topics: care, ccu, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registed, tcu