Job Description & Qualifications
This position is responsible for the development of electrical system architecture for Ford and Lincoln vehicles. We are looking for an electrical engineer professional that will lead project teams in the early phase of the vehicle architecture development. We are seeking an innovator who can think outside of the box to define compatible electrical systems and to solve electrical system/component compatibility issues that may arise in the development of the vehicle electrical system.
* Evaluate electrical system engineering alternatives for various attributes, including cost, weight, package, quality, benchmarking, geometry creation and functional analysis
* Apply various systems engineering disciplines for quantitatively assessing various alternatives and documenting the results (System Selection documents)
* Develop electrical system component and mechanical package concepts with a focus on resolving incompatibility issues by creating innovative engineering solutions
* Interface with various cross-functional organizations in jointly identifying the prime alternative recommendation delivering the best compatible solution for quality, cost, weight, and function
* Develop early concept study CAD / Packaging of EE components
* Interface with Power supply team to identify correct battery and alternator for level of vehicle features
* Implement / Assess Core component specifications / strategies in EE module packaging designs
* Implement new core or R&A strategies on new vehicles
* Contribute to the documentation for down-stream teams
* Develop Technical Study Scope (TSS) using Attc C in order evaluate program incompatibilities
* Provide data to enable VO facility/costing
* Mark up system schematics, gather component cost information for Attc Cs
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering
* Knowledge of systems engineering preferred
* Proficiency in CATIA/TCE/ Digital Buck is a plus, but not required
* Ability to work in non-structured environment where creativity and a start-up mentality is encouraged
* Ability to think strategically and connect information to determine next steps
* Good communication and presentation skills (Power Point, process sheets, Attc C)
* Motivation to work in a fast-moving environment
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems