The employer is from Medicine sector.
- Responsible for Residency expansion, to include development and oversight of the Residency self-study.
- Provides oversight and maintenance of the accreditation process.
- Works directly with the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE).
- Design the curriculum for the residency and externship programs.
- Review and manage faculty credentials and appointments.
- Manage assigned Staff Optometrists.
- Provides site coordination of externs and attending staff.
- Formalizes and manages externship agreements.
- Guides the operational integration of the residency and externship program.
- Attends and participates in the monthly Director of Clinical Services meeting.
- Responsible for HFO's Primary Eye Care Residency program, including the resident application, interview and selection process.
- Performs clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires successful completion of the program from an accredited school of optometry.
- Requires current licensure as an Optometrist in the State of Michigan.
- A minimum of two (2) years' clinical optometric practice experience required.
- Requires a faculty appointment(s) from an affiliated school or college of optometry.
- Must be certified and licensed to prescribe therapeutic pharmaceutical agents in the state of Michigan.
Associated topics: eye, optometric, optometry, sme, tpa