Principal Site Payments Associate - Client Dedicated (Sterling Heights)
Compensation: $94,340.00 - $205,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Principal Site Payments Associate (Client-Dedicated) role available in the Northbrook, IL area. ICD9/10 experience is required. This is an OFFICE-BASED role.
Responsible for managing the set-up, processing, and reconciliation and of all site payments generated from subject activities, contracted milestones, and reimbursements for a group of projects based on the fully executed contract. Assists with resolution of payment related issues and functioning as the primary contact for site and project team related inquiries regarding payments. Responsible for understanding and adhering to all study specific timelines and processes for payments. Interacts with study teams and other departments, at times. Mentors Associate Site Payment Specialist colleagues and assists management with the identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Generate site payments including milestones and reimbursements in CTMS.
- Obtain, verify, and maintain invoices from contracted payees.
- Notify study teams of payment processing per the contracted frequency.
- Perform payment reconciliation with each scheduled payment run, at minimum quarterly, and during final reconciliation at the end of the study.
- Assist with payment issue resolution in conjunction with the manager and study teams.
- Create individual site payment plans in CTMS based on the terms of the site budget and protocol.
- Associate the appropriate contracted payee with each payable site activity.
- Calculate future payment projections based on analyzing study progress and activity and review with project team members including the CTM/PM and cost analyst.
- Acts as a mentor for Associate Payments Specialists by demonstrating the role of an experienced Payments Specialist in preparation and execution of all functions.
- Performs any additional tasks that are delegated to them by the Site Payment Manager.
- Provides unit grid updates for completed and projected work to study teams.
- Function as the primary site contact for payment related inquiries.
- Coordinate with other PPD departments to complete set-up and maintenance of contracted payees within applicable data systems.
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification AND previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 6 years).
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Finance background strongly preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years previous experience in the healthcare field or research administration are candidates from CRO, biotech, pharmaceutical, academia or hospital setting is acceptable.
- Direct Pharma/CRO experience preferred.
- Familiar with clinical trials, protocols and contracts, and experience with clinical site payments.
- Experience with budget management and quality control, financial reconciliations
- Experience with data entry, excel and SAP.
- Understands contractual terms and conditions surrounding budget schedules.
- At least 3 years general knowledge of drug development and ICH/GCP.
- Familiarity with clinical research activities.
- Understands or experience with internal/external audits and compliance requirements with clinical payments.
- Some experience with medical/research and finance terminology.
- Work is performed in an office/ laboratory/clinical/and/or home office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations. Frequently travels (60-80' of time) domestically with extended overnight stays.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
- Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
- Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required. Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Associated topics: aseptic, biomedical, cytometry, drug discovery, histologist, industrial hygienist, kinesiology, transfection, vaccine, virus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...