The Andersons Plant Nutrient Group offers solutions for just about any challenge you may encounter in your fields. From crop nutrition to soil health, all of our products are designed to keep you growing. We are Feeding Success and driving higher yields through next-generation products and technologies. We formulate, store, and distribute nutrients through our strategically located facilities and extensive dealer network. We blend value-added formulations to customer specifications. We strive to be a partner of choice. We do what we say, when we say. We provide agronomic expertise and market knowledge, all while being good stewards of the environment. Beyond the ordinary. Beyond the status quo. Beyond expectations.
We are seeking a highly driven and motivated Territory Sales Manager to help grow our Specialty products in the Michigan region. This is a home-based (remote) new business development position with daily travel throughout Michigan.
Growers are more interested than ever in producing sustainable and profitable cropping systems. At The Andersons, it is our goal to provide efficient and high-quality products to assist growers in this quest. The Andersons' vast portfolio of specialty products are designed to feed, stimulate, and enhance this year s crop. The goal of these products is to mitigate your risk, enhance your profit potential, and protect a grower's investment.
The Territory Manager is a sales and relationship role responsible for establishing new accounts and maintaining and servicing existing accounts within an assigned territory or area of focus. This position plans, develops, and implements sales strategies to ensure long term growth and profitability. The Territory Manager applies a seasoned knowledge of industry, products and services offered, market trends, rules and regulations, gross profit, and pricing to make recommendations to customers, meet established sales/deal goals, and expand account base.
- Plan, initiate, and direct the sales of products to new and existing customers through routine calls, relationships, generating and pursuing leads, and product presentations.
- Create plans for and execute on lead generation - locate, evaluate and recruit potential customers/clients.
- Demonstrate strong technical and industry expertise in the following: serving customers, addressing inquiries and resolving issues; introducing and demonstrating new product/service offerings; managing deal details, price negotiations, credit, and payment terms.
- Forecast and develop plans to achieve sales and gross profit goals for the business which are consistent with growth and target/threshold objectives
- Coordinate with internal departments in all activities surrounding the transfer or execution of goods/services/products, ensure that appropriate instructions, documentation, and regulatory standards are present.
- Participate in marketing and trade activities, utilize experience and seasoned sales perspective to recommend new/changes in marketing approaches.
- Manage administrative requirements of the position. Gather and maintain market/trade data and resources. Leverage that information to formulate and execute sales plans, as well as to inform the department through reporting or sharing of information.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of assigned accounts; may help develop colleagues understanding, may be recognized as an expert in one area
- Complexity is high (territory/accounts, product/services, sales or account management process); may serve as a team lead
- Has high level of authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product service terms
- Plans own territory or account approach and manages own resources
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor s Degree required
- 4-7 years relevant experience required
- Specialized certifications preferred (specific to assigned industry)
- Agricultural industry experience preferred
- Daily travel by car required.
- Overnight or travel by air may be required.
- Flexible availability outside normal business hours required
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, manager of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales executive, sales management, team lead, territory manager